HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide us directly: We may ask for certain information such as your first and last name, phone number and e-mail address if you sign up for our services, correspond with us or purchase products from our site. We may also retain any messages you send including (but not limited to) responses to blog posts or other social media services. We may also collect information you provide in user content you add to your profile. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the service, and as further detailed below.
- Information we may receive from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Twitter or Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” adding the application, linking your account to the Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service, including your public profile picture, news feed, posts on your wall (including your friends’ posts on your wall), friends list, etc. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service.
- Analytics information. We may directly collect or use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device as part of a web page request, including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, your browser’s width and height, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
- Cookies information: When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear gifs/web beacons information: When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Device identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by the Service. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Location data: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails or push notifications on your mobile device containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences. You may opt-out of push notification messages by changing your settings on your mobile device. We will not send you marketing communications messages. We also use your information to send you Service-related notices (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices) to your email address or mobile device via push notification.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) and our group companies will not rent or sell your information to third parties without your consent, except as noted below:
- Who you may choose to share your User Content with: Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any available privacy settings. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile settings.
- What happens in the event of a change of control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer our company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
- Sharing certain service type information we collect about you: We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
Please note that an advertiser may ask us to show an ad to a certain audience of Users (e.g., based on demographics or other interests). In that situation, we determine the target audience and we serve the advertising to that audience and only provides anonymous aggregated data to the advertiser. If you respond to such an ad, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION:
Following termination or deactivation of the Service, we may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US